Programme Support Worker (Family Resource Centre)
- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: DCS 8167
- Posted: 14-Feb-2017
- Closing Date: 28-Feb-2017
- Salary: $35,916 - $48,276
- Job Description
Ministry of Community Affairs, Youth and Sports
The Department of Counselling Services is now accepting applications for the post of:
Programme Support Worker (FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE)
The Programme Support Worker is an integral member of the Family Resource Centre’s team working closely with Programme Facilitators to ensure the individuals and families who participate in their programmes are provided with comprehensive and coordinated support to assist them to achieve the goals identified in their individual support plans.
Main duties include:
Programme Delivery: providing hands-on, practical parenting instruction to young parents and their children, from birth through toddlerhood; promoting healthy childhood development through the supervision of parent-child interactions; modelling, teaching and assessing life skill development to young parents; developing meals plans and preparing light meals that adequately meet the nutritional needs of young parents and their children.
Programme Development: developing and implementing curricula and practical resources (including age appropriate activities) for children who participate in skill-building sessions.
Administrative Duties: Ensuring that all client data is maintained according to Departmental requirements by documenting contact with participants of all children’s programmes, and ensuring that daily logs for each child in Young Parents Services are thorough and complete; coordinating and monitoring volunteer pool; managing donations received; preparing materials, organizing incentive prizes; assisting in venue set-up.
Public Awareness Campaigns: assisting with public education through various media formats on a variety of topics to heighten public awareness and encourage social action; Contributing to community awareness programmes by assisting with the preparation, set-up and break down of all planned events.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills: Applicants should possess:-
- Post high school qualifications and proven experience in the fields of one or more of the following – family support, early childhood education or health.
- Demonstrated experience in providing parenting and life skills support to vulnerable families.
- Demonstrated understanding of child development and the impact of trauma, parental substance misuse and family violence on children.
- Willingness and capacity to work according to the values and mission of the Family Resource Centre, including the ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the development of the programme.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including communicating with diverse cultural groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, including word documents, publisher, email, electronic data bases.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client information is essential.
For application form and job description, please visit www.gov.ky/recruitment or collect the documents from the main reception, 3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:Judith Seymour
Department of Counselling Services
3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.