Clinical Supervisor, Caribbean Haven Residential Centre
- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: DCS 8180
- Posted: 13-Feb-2017
- Closing Date: 28-Feb-2017
- Salary: $63,684 - $85,656
- Job Description
Ministry of Community Affairs, Youth and Sports
The Department of Counselling Services is now accepting applications for the post of:
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR, CARIBBEAN HAVEN RESIDENTIAL CENTRE
Caribbean Haven Residential Centre (CHRC) provides residential treatment and non-medical withdrawal management to clients in a safe, supportive residential setting, for men and women. The treatment programme is based on a modified therapeutic community model of treatment that is structured, focuses on “right living”, enhancing social and coping skills, with emphasis on personal responsibility, and providing the client with knowledge and skills essential to a healthy, sober lifestyle.
Main duties of the position include:
- Providing high quality clinical supervision to all residential clinical staff to ensure the provision of evidence based treatment to clients involved in all aspects of the residential treatment programme;
- Establishing and maintaining overall standards of care and service;
- Assisting with the development of the clinical vision and strategic plan for the residential treatment programmes
- Developing appropriate programme policies and procedures to guide clinicians in their delivery of evidence-based outcome informed services at all stages of the clients’ treatment.
- Continuously monitoring client and community needs and developing appropriate treatment services within the residential programme to effectively address these issues, and ensure their delivery in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilitating group therapy sessions in circumstances which require specialised clinical attention.
- Assisting in the recruitment and orientation of all residential staff in accordance with Ministry’s HR policies, in collaboration with the Director, and Administrative Manager of the Department.
- Monitoring and appraising the clinical staff’s performance.
- Promoting strong and effective linkages between service units within the programme and with other community partner agencies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in direct client contact within a residential substance abuse treatment facility. Of that, 5 years should be at a senior management level within a Therapeutic Community.
- Licensure with an appropriate certification board, including supervisory designation is preferred.
- Individual counselling and group facilitation skills with knowledge of co-occurring disorders and experience working with dually diagnosed clients is a requirement.
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team working within a therapeutic community is essential, as are programme development skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications software including; Windows & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
For application form and job description, please visit www.gov.ky/recruitment or collect the documents from the main reception, 3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:Judith Seymour
Department of Counselling Services
3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.