Director of Communications
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: R02042017
- Posted: 06-Sep-2017
- Closing Date: 25-Sep-2017
- Salary: $100,236 - $122,124
- Job Description
The CI Government invites applications for the following position in the Cabinet Office Portfolio
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The successful applicant will report to the Cabinet Secretary and will lead, coordinate and manage the transformation and restructuring of public service communications across Government. Additionally the post-holder will serve as the principal communications advisor to the Cabinet.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
In support of a national communications strategy ensure that the Government effectively leverages various communication tools, services and advancements across government. The post holder will work closely with senior and executive management across government.
- Master’s degree, in communications or similar related field preferred, however a first degree is essential.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience working at a senior level within a government framework. Evidence of clear understanding of and direct experience with implementing Government Communications Standards.
- Past success developing and implementing compelling communication and public affairs strategies in a complex organization enabling organizational objectives and priorities.
- Proven track record providing clear balanced advice and professional leadership at Board and senior management level on wide range of strategic, operational, sensitive and complex communications issues.
- Successful track record developing high performing teams, leading, managing and motivating others, especially during periods of change, and a record of re-invigorating and driving continuous improvement within the communications function.
- Experience of successful management of internal communications and support of employee engagement, and effective contribution in support of organizational change.
- Experience using effective communication and engagement techniques regarding media relations, public affairs, reputation management, corporate communications, branding and marketing.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills with demonstrable ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with wide range of internal/external stakeholders up to Ministerial level.
Please submit an application form and resume email@example.com for the attention of: Acting Director of Special Projects, Cabinet Office, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town. Detailed Job Description and application form available at: www.cabinetoffice.gov.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25 SEPTEMBER, 2017
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.