Plans Examiner II
- Agency: Planning
- Reference: R02052017
- Posted: 11-Sep-2017
- Closing Date: 29-Sep-2017
- Salary: $39,732 - $53,436
- Job Description
On behalf of the Department of Planning we invite applicants for the following vacancy:
Plans Examiner II
The successful candidate will assist with the review of applications submitted to the Department of Planning for Building Permits. The post holder will primarily examine applications for Single Family Residential and Small Commercial projects submitted for building permits, to ensure compliance with the Cayman Island Building Code, and relevant Laws and Regulations to ensure public health and safety.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Providing guidance and assistance to Architects, Engineers, Contractors and the general public on Procedures and Code requirements and interpretations.
- Inspecting projects under construction (as needed) for code compliance and conditions of approval, and completed projects for Certificate of Occupancy.
- Conducting Pre-Central Planning Authority reviews (as needed) for Life Safety Code requirements.
- Preparing reports and other duties assigned by the Plans Examination Supervisor and Director of Planning.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
An Associate’s Degree in Construction Science Architectural Technology or related subject with two (2) years’ experience in general construction, engineering, Architecture, Plan Review or related field, or an equivalent combination.
A High School Diploma with five (5) years’ experience in General Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related field. The preferred candidate is required to obtain International Code Council Certification as a Residential Plans Examiner and/or Residential Inspector within one year of employment.
- Sound knowledge of Building Code.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Ability to work with others as a team and with the public.
- Ability to aid customers in rectifying code related problems.
- Ability to enforce violations of the code
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Must hold a valid Cayman Islands Driver’s License
A pre-employment medical / drug screen and a Police Record check are conditions of employment
A detailed job description and the Government application form is available online at: www.recruitment.gov.ky or from the Planning Department Website:www.planning.ky
Please submit your completed Government application form and resume via email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 29th September 2017
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.