Combination Inspector – Commercial
- Agency: Planning
- Reference: R02062017
- Posted: 11-Sep-2017
- Closing Date: 29-Sep-2017
- Salary: $49,428 - $66,480
- Job Description
The Department of Planning invite applicants for the following post:
Combination Inspector – Commercial
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting all construction types (multi-family residential, 7 units or greater, and commercial) for code compliance in the areas of building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical works and/or fire protection systems. The post holder may be placed either in Grand Cayman or the Sister Islands.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interacting and assisting applicants, contractors and the general public with concerns/questions regarding building permits, inspections and certificates of occupancy;
- Conducting inspections (buildings/plumbing/electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems) to ensure that construction and component installations are safe, in accordance with approved plans and compliant with codes and statutes;
- Logging and keeping inspection status and details updated in the computer tracking system and providing inspection reports as necessary;
Qualifications & Knowledge
Applicants must possess, at a minimum, the following:
- An Associate degree in construction technology or related field is required
- ICC or similar certification in three or more of the following disciplines: commercial building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of general construction practices;
- Proficient in the relevant codes that certification(s)are in;
- Knowledgeable in the 2009 ICC family of codes, IBC, IPC, IMC, NEC (2014), and ANS1 117.1.
Experience & Skills:
The post requires at a minimum five (5) years performing inspections in three or more of the following disciplines: commercial and/or multi-family building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems.
- Ability to accurately read and comprehend construction drawings;
- Strong communication proficiency including verbal, written, comprehension and listening skills facilitating detailed inspection reports and email correspondence to contractors and other customers (internal and external);
- Maintain high level of professionalism at all times;
- Strong inter-personal, public relation and teamwork skills;
- Computer proficient including MS Office suite
- Time management, attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines;
- Keep accurate computer records of technical information associated with project inspections, using the permit tracking system.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity.
- Possess valid driver’s license
A pre-employment Medical Exam / Drug screen and a Police Record check are conditions of employment
A detailed job description and the Government application form is available online at: www.recruitment.gov.ky or from the Planning Department website:www.planning.ky
Please submit your completed Government Application Form and Resume only via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 29 Sept 2017
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.