Statistician I (SNA By Expenditure)
- Agency: Economics and Statistics Office
- Reference: R02202017
- Posted: 13-Sep-2017
- Closing Date: 28-Sep-2017
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT - MINISTRY OF FINANCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
invites applications for the following positions:
STATISTICIAN I (SNA BY EXPENDITURE) ECONOMICS & STATISTICS OFFICE
The post holder will produce the Cayman Islands’ System of National Accounts (SNA) by Expenditure comprising of all final expenditure aggregates in the economy (households, government, private investment, non-profit institutions serving households and the rest of the world). A secondary purpose of the job is to assist in the development and production of a SNA Supply-and-Use Table (SUT), and related statistical services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides expert-level support in coordinating the production of the Annual and Quarterly System of National Accounts (SNA) Expenditure Reports, including all aspects of statistical production (data collection, estimation, analysis, reporting, process documentation and dissemination);
- Supports the Senior Statistician in developing the SUT, and all statistical outputs derived from the SUT such as satellite accounts;
- Assists in managing the annual SNA survey and the extended SNA survey for the SUT every five (5) years, including follow-ups for non-responses as necessary and provides regular progress reports to the Senior Statistician.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Post-holder should possess a Master of Arts in Statistics or Economics and at least three years’ of experience in a national statistics office working on SNA compilation, preferably on expenditure accounts and SUT;
Or a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related discipline and at least five years full time work experience in a national statistics office working on SNA compilation, preferably on expenditure accounts and SUT.
The post-holder must have:
- at least 2 years supervisory experience on GDP compilation or other economic accounts compilation;
- strong working knowledge of the International SNA manual, international industrial classification systems and preferable have undergone international or regional training in SNA (expenditure accounts);
- good oral and written communication skills and be proficient in the use of statistical software
- (SAS, SPSS, Microsoft Excel or any other comparable software programs);
- able to work with minimum supervision, and to make good logical decisions;
- the ability to research, assimilate and analyse facts, to set priorities and ensure accuracyand conformity to procedures, and astuteness in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
3rd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
For application forms and job descriptions please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky
Deadline For Receipt Of Applications: 28th September 2017
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.