- Agency: Education
- Reference: R02362017
- Posted: 06-Oct-2017
- Closing Date: 24-Oct-2017
- Salary: $63,684 - $73,860
- Job Description
The Department of Education Services invites applications for the following education role within the Government school system commencing January 2018:
Educational Psychologist Salary:
The Educational Psychologist is accountable for performing a full range of professional psychological services throughout island government schools, as requested through the Senior School Improvement Officer for Special Educational Needs (SSIO-SEN).
- Consults with Principals and educational staff regarding the specific and complex psychological and psychiatric needs of the students educated within their setting.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests in order to more accurately diagnose learning difficulties and behavioral health problems.
- Leads Teams in the completion of Individual Behavioral Plans for students. Provides opportunities for individual and group counselling services for students on a regularly-scheduled basis.
- Develops and provides professional development and training opportunities for school staff, parents, community members, and other groups within the Education Departmentís responsibility. Coordinates treatment with other Government agencies and ministries, particularly the hospital-based outpatient mental health service. Analyzes data and assists in assessing program effectiveness.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The post holder will hold a minimum of a Masterís degree in Educational or Clinical Psychology. This person also must be licensed or license-eligible within their current jurisdiction of practice and have at least five years of supervised experience as a psychologist within either an educational or clinical setting. Specialized knowledge is typical of licensure requirements: psychopathology, child development, personality, tests and measurements, behavioral analysis, vocational rehabilitation, psychotherapy, and research/data analysis. Preference will be given to those candidates who are dually certified/licensed in both clinical and educational psychology areas.
A detailed Job Description, Government Application Form and the Supplementary EDU Application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs All applicants must complete the Government Application Form, Supplementary EDU Application and a Cover Letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 24th 2017
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.