Assistant Teacher (Primary & Secondary)
- Agency: Education
- Reference: R0022018
- Posted: 04-Jan-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Jan-2018
- Salary: CI$32,532 - CI$43,788
- Job Description
The Cayman Islands Department of Education Services invites applications for the following positions within schools across the Primary and Secondary Public School System for the 2018/19 academic year
Assistant Teacher (Primary & Secondary) Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac
The post holder will assist the class teacher with the deliverance of the curriculum by supporting the teacher to make learning interesting, practical and accessible to the students in the class.
Qualifications and experience include:
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree. A high standard of reading, speaking, writing and numeracy skills are essential, as demonstrated by level 2 passes in English and Mathematics.
- 1-3 years teaching support experience.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
- A warm and open personality is important, and the post holder must have the ability to build strong relationships with students, set clear limits and model respectful interaction.
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents.
- Confidentiality is a key requirement for this post.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills.
- ICT skills, with the ability to enhance students learning through sharing of basic computer skills.
A detailed Job Description, Government Application Form and the Supplementary EDU Application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. All applicants must complete the Government Application Form, Resume and a Cover Letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 23rd 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.