- Agency: Government Information Services
- Reference: R0042018
- Posted: 09-Jan-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Jan-2018
- Salary: $44,268 - $59,544
- Job Description
GIS MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Invites applications for the post of:
Information officers use communications skills to inform the public about government policies, plans and programmes. Their goal is to facilitate effective communication between the Government and people of the Cayman Islands, in accordance with clients’ budgets.
Services that information officers provide include: writing press releases, speechwriting; the development of communications strategies; media relations; public relations; copywriting; scriptwriting; issues management; social media management; photography and crisis communication. Information officers also often work closely with GIS’s video and graphics teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field.
- Three years’ experience working in news or public relations.
- A working knowledge of communications strategy.
- 1. Cover letter
- 2. Official government application form
- 3. CV or résumé
- 4. Work samples of communications products (communication strategies, press releases (Associated Press style), speeches, etc.)
TO: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (345) 949-8092
For an application form and the job description, visit http://jobs.gov.ky, and click “Information Officer.”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 January 2018(by close of business).
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.