Election Preparations Update
The Elections Office has issued a public notice stating that a poll will be conducted to elect members for the six electoral districts of the Cayman Islands.
This publication of the 'Notification of Election', or 'Form 20', is a legal requirement. The proclamation was also published in an Extraordinary Gazette, dated Friday, 27 March.
On Wednesday, 20 May 2009 all district polls will open at 7:00am, remaining open until 6:00pm. The vote count will commence at 7:00pm that same evening.
The following are listings of the polling stations established in individual electoral districts, the candidates for each, and the locations where votes will be counted:
Polling station: East End Civic Centre, 80 John McLean Drive.
Candidates: V. Arden McLean and John Bonwell McLean Jr.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date at the same location.
Polling station: North Side Primary School, 907 North Side Road.
Candidates: Joseph "Joey" Ebanks, Denison Ezzard Miller and Oswell M. "Sonny" Rankine.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date at Craddock Ebanks Civic Centre, 923 North Side Road.
Cayman Brac and Little Cayman
- Cayman Brac East--Creek Primary School, 28C Student Drive;
- Cayman Brac West and Little Cayman--West End Primary School, 10A West End Road;
- Cayman Brac East 2--Spot Bay Primary School, 107B Spot Bay Road.
Candidates: Juliana Connolly-O'Connor; Moses I. Kirkconnell; Lyndon Leathan Martin and Maxine Avon McCoy-Moore.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date at the District Administration Building, 19 Kirkconnell Street.
- Savannah/Newlands--Savannah Primary School, 1659 Shamrock Road;
- Bodden Town East--Bodden Town Primary School, 6 Condor Road;
- Bodden Town West--The Grounds, 199 Agricola Drive.
Candidates: Osbourne "Ossie" Bodden; Sandra Catron; Charles "Chuckie" Clifford; Anthony "Tony" Eden; Vincent R. Frederick; Theresa Lewis-Pitcairn; Gilbert McLean; Mark Scotland; Dwayne "John John" Seymour and Justin W. Woods.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date at four locations: Savannah Primary School, 1759 Shamrock Road; Bodden Town Primary School, 6 Condor Road; The Grounds Conference Room, 2nd Floor, 199 Agricola Drive, and the James M. Bodden Civic Centre, 445C Bodden Town Road.
- George Town North--Victory Tabernacle Church, 325 Eastern Avenue.
- George Town South--George Hicks High School Hall, 73 Academy Way.
- George Town Central--George Town Primary School, 42 Gresscott Lane.
- George Town East--Red Bay Primary School, 271 Shamrock Rd.
- George Town West--Cayman Prep Kindergarten School, 242 Smith Road.
- Prospect--Prospect Primary School, 169 Poindexter Road.
Candidates: Mike Adam; W. Burns Conolly; Dr. Frank Swarres McField; Pearlina McGaw-Lumsden; Alden McLaughlin; Derrington Bo Miller; Jonathan Piercy; Lucille Dell Seymour; Ellio Solomon; Eddie Kendall Thompson; D. Kurt Tibbetts; C. Walling Whittaker and Alfonso Wright.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date, at seven locations: Victory Tabernacle Church, 325 Eastern Avenue; George Town Primary School, 43 Gresscott Lane; Cayman Prep Kindergarten School, 242 Smith Road; George Hicks High School Hall, 73 Academy Way; Red Bay Primary School, 271 Shamrock Road; Prospect Primary School, 169 Poindexter Road, and Mary Miller Hall, 223A Shamrock Road.
- West Bay North-West--New Testament Church of God, 28A Boatswain Bay Road;
- West Bay East--Church of Christ, 24 Batabano Road;
- West Bay Central--John A. Cumber Primary School, 44 Fountain Road;
- West Bay South--John Gray United Church Hall, 26 West Church Street.
Candidates: Rolston (Rollie) Anglin; Bernie Bush; McKeeva Bush; Woodward Jerome "Woody" DaCosta; Choppy (Reginald) Delapenha; Capt. A. Eugene Ebanks; Dora Ann Elizabeth Ebanks; Cline (CG) Glidden; Henry Ormon Morgan; Paul Desmond Rivers and Lana Mae Smith.
The vote count will begin at 7:00pm on that date at five locations: New Testament Church of God, 28A Boatswain Bay Road; Church of God, 24 Batabano Road; John Gray United Church Hall, 26 West Church Street; and two locations at John A. Cumber Primary School, 44 Fountain Road.
For more information on the Elections, contact the Elections Office on weekdays in person at The Professional Centre on Smith Road, George Town between 8:30am and 5:00 pm, or call 949-8047. The public may also e-mail the office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit its website: www.electionsoffice.ky.
For further information contact: Lennon Christian