The Deputy Governor's Office has announced that certain fees relating to citizenship, as well as certain other fees, have increased, as outlined in the Government Fees Order, 2010.
The following fees are now in effect.
- Filing fee for Naturalisation; or Registration as a British Overseas Territory Citizen of the Cayman Islands; or, Registration as a British Citizen - $200
- Naturalisation application - $ 625
- Registration application (for minors 17 years and under) - $250
- Private citizenship pledge/presentation ceremony (optional) - $500
- Proof of nationality application - $150
In addition, a $100 rescheduling fee has been introduced, paid by persons who are scheduled to participate in a citizenship pledge ceremony, but who do not attend. Exceptions will be made in cases of emergencies.
Furthermore, the Passport and Corporate Services Office, which falls under the Immigration Department, also announces increased fees.
- Affixing an apostille to documents - $150
- Express (same day) affixing an apostille to documents - $200
- Authentication of documents - $75
- Express (same day) authentication of documents - $100
These increases do not affect applications that were received on or before 31 December 2009.
For more information, contact the Deputy Governor's Office at 244-2403, or the Passport and Corporate Services Office at 244-2273. Citizenship application forms are available from the receptionist at the Government Administration Building (Glass House).
For further information contact: Lennon Christian