Census 2010 will be extended for two more weeks, to revisit households that haven't been counted yet.
"Although yesterday (Tuesday, 23 November) is the last day of our scheduled data collection period, we decided to add two weeks to revisit residents who could not be reached," said Census Manager Elizabeth Talbert.
Census workers will also return to residents who have thus far refused to cooperate with the national count.
"The overall response has been really very good, but we must reach everyone," said Mrs. Talbert, who also is the deputy director of the Economics and Statistics Unit. "We therefore ask anyone who hasn't been counted, to please contact their district census office," she concluded.
District Census Offices
- Weekdays and Saturdays: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- George Town: Paddington Place, 946-5107 (Daisylyn Chin or Selburn Christian)
- West Bay: Centennial Towers, 914-7864 (Nicole Emmanuel-Jones or Theodore Thompson)
- Eastern Districts: Countryside Shopping Village, 949-9229 (Adolphus Laidlow or Michael Godfrey)
- Cayman Brac and Little Cayman: 948-0940 (Chevala Burke)
For further information contact: Cornelia Oliver