Dengue Update as of 10 November
- Total cases under investigation for dengue since the beginning of the year: 55
- Total results received for 34 cases: 16 positives, 18 negatives and 21 cases with results pending.
- Of the 16 confirmed cases tested positive, 8 have reported a travel history to endemic countries and 8 had no travel history, suggesting that they acquired the dengue locally.
- Distribution of confirmed cases: West Bay 12, Bodden Town 3 & George Town 1
- Since November 3, 2012 (last update), there were 5 new cases being investigated for dengue, of which 2 persons were admitted to hospital.
- Total hospital admissions: 12 (5 confirmed positive cases, 2 negatives and 5 pending results)
For further information contact: Yvette Cacho