Dengue Update as of 30 November
- Total cases under investigation for dengue since the beginning of the year: 73
- Total results received for 53 cases (No results received this week) 27 positives and 26 negatives; 20 cases with results pending.
- Of the 27 confirmed cases, 10 have reported a travel history to endemic countries and 16 had no travel history, suggesting that they acquired the dengue locally and 1 with unknown travel history (patient could not be reached to confirm).
- The 10 with travel history five (5) from West Bay; three (3) from George Town, and two (2) from Bodden Town.
- Of the 16 without travel history 13 from West Bay, 2 from George Town and 1 from Bodden Town.
- Distribution of all confirmed cases: West Bay 19, George Town 5 and Bodden Town 3.
- Since the last update as of November 24, 2012 there had been one new case under investigation.
- Total hospital admissions: 18 (10 confirmed cases, 2 negatives and 6 pending results)
As there are only two suspected cases under investigation for this week, it appears there is a downward trend as it is the end of the rainy season.
For further information contact: Yvette Cacho