Dengue Update for 16 February
- Total cases investigated for dengue in 2012 is 94 and 40 for 2013.
- Since the last update as of 9 February 2013, there had been 7 new cases under investigation for dengue, during the week of 10-16 February 2013. One had a travel history to an endemic area; there were no admissions to the hospital; five were residents of George Town, one from West Bay, and one from Bodden Town.
- One result was received during this week from an overseas laboratory used by a private physician. The result was positive for dengue, with the onset on 22 January 2013.
- The total results received thus far are: 110 cases with results (41 positives, 65 negatives, and 4 inconclusive) with 24 results pending.
Of the 41 confirmed cases, 12 have reported a travel history to endemic countries and 29 had no travel history, suggesting that they acquired the dengue locally.
- Distribution of all confirmed cases: West Bay 31, George Town 6 and Bodden Town 4.
- Out of the 12 with travel history: 7 from West Bay; 3 from G. T, and 2 from Bodden Town.
- Total hospital admissions: 30.
For further information contact: Yvette Cacho