Holiday Road Closures
The Honourable Alden McLaughlin, MBE, JP, Premier and Minister for Home Affairs, Health & Culture will be hosting National Heroes Day Parade and Awards Ceremony in central George Town, on Monday, 26 January 2015 (Public Holiday).
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2015 celebration will be in honour of those who have made contributions to the field of Health Services.
Due to this ceremony, the Cayman Islands Government would also like to inform you that the following roads will be closed from 6:00pm Friday, 23 January until 9:00pm Monday, 26 January 2015 to allow for setup and breakdown:
- The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
- The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
- Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
- The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
- Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
Customers will have limited access to businesses and banking, for those establishments on Saturday and the Holiday Monday.
Please see attached map depicting these details.
The Cayman Islands Government apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact me via email at email@example.com or by phone at 244-3612.