NHD 2017 Road Closures
The Cayman Islands Government, in conjunction with the Hon. Premier Alden McLaughlin, MBE, JP, and Minister for Home Affairs, Health & Culture and the Hon. Deputy Premier Moses Kirkconnell, JP, and Minister for District Administration, Tourism and Transport will be hosting the National Heroes Day Celebrations in central George Town, on Monday, 23 January 2017 (Public Holiday) at 9:00 a.m.
This is a time when the country will reflect upon our proud past and embrace the future as a united people. The 2017 celebration will honour those who have made contributions to the field of Tourism. We invite you to join in these festivities!
Due to this ceremony, we would also like to inform the public that the following roads will be closed as follows:
*from 6:00 p.m. Friday, 20 January until 9:00pm Monday, 23 January 2017 to allow for setup and breakdown
*temporarily re-opened 12 a.m.-12 noon on Saturday 21 January
1. The top of Fort Street at the junction of Fort Street and North Church Street
2. The bottom of Fort Street by the Clock Tower
3. Edward Street at the junction of Edward Street and Main Street
4. The end of Edward Street, at the junction of Edward Street and Cardinall Avenue
5. Albert Panton Street at the junction of Albert Panton Street and Cardinall Avenue
Please see map above depicting the specifics. Customers will have access to businesses and banking, for those establishments on Saturday and the Monday holiday.
We value your business and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact Chief of Protocol Meloney Syms via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 244-3612.
For further information contact: Jamie Hicks