Update on Firearms Arrest
Further to the release about the arrest of an American national on multiple firearms charges, Customs Department officials have released the individual's name as David Dean Meadors who is from Florida and is in the Cayman Islands as a visitor. He is in the process of building a house in Cayman Brac and was temporarily occupying an apartment there.
He appeared in court yesterday (Monday, 10 July 2017) and was offered bail under the following bail conditions:
- Sureties on property: CI$100,000 - his Cayman Brac property 95B 269 to stand charge in the amount of CI$100,000
- Cash surety in the amount of CI$ 5,000.00
- Two sureties in the amount of CI$5,000.00 each
- One surety in the amount of CI$13,000
- Can't go within 100 yards of airport and port
- Reside at a local hotel
- 24 hour curfew
- Electronic monitoring.
Investigations are ongoing.