Dear FOI Cayman 345,
In response to the FOI request, the information requested is attached, however, with respect to the specific questions below, I have responded to each of them in an effort to provide more clarity on the documents that have been provided.
- Ministry of Tourism and Cayman Islands Government spending on all advertising related to the proposed cruise berthing facility from 1 January 2018 to date, including but not limited to: radio, TV, printed newspaper, online newspaper, Facebook advertising, Regal cinema advertisement and any other medium of advertisement and any other medium of advertisement. This should include all advertising contracts entered into, whether or not payments have yet been made.
- Advertising pertaining to the Cruise Berthing Facility commenced in Aug 2018 with a public education campaign. All invoices are attached including an expenditure summary.
- Ministry of Tourism and Cayman Islands Government spending on contract with marketing company Fountainhead for all matters related to the proposed cruise berthing facility, tourism and cruise tourism.
- Fountainhead were contracted for a 6 month period (Aug to Jan) to assist the Ministry with the CBF public education campaign. The Fountainhead contract is attached.
- All advertising booked by Fountainhead on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism is included in the attached expenditure summary.
- All spending by the Ministry of Tourism and Cayman Islands Government on the Ministry of Tourism's Support Our Tourism group, including contracts, salaries, advertising expenditure and any other form of expenditure.
- The Support our Tourism campaign is being administered by the Ministry of Tourismís PR Manager and Fountainhead. Support from Fountainhead is included within their contracted scope of works and communications regarding the cruise berthing project are part of the PR Managerís normal duties.
- There are no other contracts, salaries or expenditure being incurred by the Ministry of Tourism with respect to the Support our Tourism campaign.
- Spending by the Ministry of Tourism for the Support our Tourism campaign is included in the attached expenditure summary.
16th November 2018, 3:59pm